As an LSU student-athlete, you may be asked to serve as a host to a visiting recruit. Student hosts are expected to display responsible behavior in addition to abiding by applicable NCAA regulations.
At the discretion of your coach, you may be provided with the following:
- A maximum of $40 for each day of the visit to cover entertainment for you and the prospect. If hosting more than one prospect, you may receive an additional $20 per day per each additional prospect.
- Intended for expenses such as movie tickets and snacks
- May not be used to purchase souvenirs (e.g., shirts, balls, etc.)
- A maximum of three complimentary meals for each day of the visit (provided you are accompanying the prospect during the official visit).
- Complimentary admissions to campus athletics events (provided you are accompanying the prospect to the events).
A few other reminders about serving as a host to a visiting recruit:
- Use of a vehicle may not be provided or arranged by a coach, staff member or booster;
- You may not allow the recruit to use or drive your car;
- You may not transport the prospect or anyone else accompanying the prospect more than 30 miles from campus; and
- Drugs and alcohol may not be involved in the recruiting visit (regardless of the prospect's age).
If you have any questions or concerns about hosting a visiting recruit, please contact the Compliance Office.