The NCAA's Agents, Gambling and Amateurism (AGA) Department has released information regarding the 2012 NFL Draft, Tryouts and Agents for all Division I football student-athletes with remaining eligibility.
The document contains key dates and reminders for football student-athletes who are interested in gauging their readiness for competition in the NFL.
The following five points, which are further explained in the document, are of particular importance. A student athlete will lose his/her eligibility if he/she:
- Agrees orally or in writing to be represented by an agent or any individual acting on behalf of an agent.
- Accepts any benefits from an agent, a prospective agent or any individual acting on behalf of an agent.
- Participates in a tryout with a professional team that lasts longer than 48 hours (and is not self-financed).
- Tries out with a professional team during the academic year and misses class.
- Enters the draft and does not take the appropriate steps to withdraw and declare his/her intention to resume intercollegiate participation.
For more information regarding the attached document or for clarification of the above guidelines, please contact the Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.